Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Knife, Fire Starter, Diamond Sharpener, Nylon Sheath.
Introducing the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series of gear. From his time in the British SAS, to scaling Mount Everest, to hosting his renowned survival television show, Bear knows what it takes to be a survivor in extreme situations. Add in 70-plus years of knife and gear expertise and you have a potent combination. The Survival Series is meticulously designed by Gerber and Bear to meet any demand. Ultimate Knife. The Ultimate Knife is the pinnacle of Gerber's Bear Grylls Survival Series. Intricately designed by Gerber and Bear, it's loaded with innovations that won't be found in any other fixed blade knife. Like everything in the Survival Series, it also includes Bear's Priorities of Survival pocket guide. Super useful in the wild, it offers a vital edge to any survivor.
- 1/2 Serrated High Carbon Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade - Ideal for edge retention and cutting rope
- Ergonomic Textured Rubber Grip - Maximizes comfort and reduces slippage
- Stainless Steel Pommel - At base of handle for hammering
- Emergency Whistle - Integrated into lanyard cord
- Fire Starter - Ferrocerium rod locks into sheath, striker notch incorporated into back of knife blade
- Nylon Sheath - Lightweight, military-grade, mildew resistant
- Land to air rescue instructions
- Diamond Sharpener - Integrated into sheath for on-the-go sharpening
- Priorities of Survival - Pocket guide contains Bear's survival essentials
- Open Length: 10"
- Blade Length: 4.8"
- Weight (with sheath): 14.7 oz.
- Weight (without sheath): 11.2 oz.
- Made in China
This knife is solid. The weight feels solid and grip is strong. The blade is fine for what it is and the whistle is a nice touch. What I really like about it was actually the fire starter. I put a crumbled piece of ad paper down, placed the igniting stick on it, two-three passes with the knife and that thing was on fire. Starting a fire was always an issue, but for the $30 bucks, I got a great knife PLUS awesome fire. Oh, and the full flat metal piece at the end to hammer things in, great touch.
Really cool product. I love that it came with the fire starter and little survival guide.