Morakniv Garberg Bushcraft Utility Knife Fixed (4.3 Inch 14C28N Satin Plain Blade) Black Polyamide Handle | Multi-Mount Sheath FT01749
SKU: FT01749 MPN: FT01749
FT01749: Morakniv Garberg Fixed Blade Knife Black w/ Multi-Mount Sheath
MoraKniv of Sweden
The full tang phenomenon
The Morakniv Garberg is a powerful full tang knife designed to perform the toughest tasks it encounters. Manufactured at the Morakniv factory in Mora, Sweden, it's the most robust knife they've ever made. The 0.13 inch thick blade is made from high grade Swedish stainless steel, treated to make it even stronger and more durable. The blade has a Scandi-grind profile that makes it easy to keep sharp and a ground spine compatible with a fire starter. Whatever adventure you're on, you won't want to be without it, making your Morakniv a part of you.
Garberg was designed to meet the long-time wishes from Morakniv's most dedicated users, as well as the desires of the knife lovers that haven't yet discovered the world of Morakniv. The knife is developed to handle the most challenging tasks it may be exposed to.
Created for you in Mora, Sweden
We wanted to achieve our vision of the ideal full tang knife. That means we need to understand the users. What will they use it for? How will they grip it and work with it? Even store and carry it? Once we understand that we can customize the knife's characteristics accordingly, says Arvid Larsson, Design Engineer at Morakniv.
Genuine feel and hardcore materials
The full tang model is the most robust knife they've ever made and has a genuine Morakniv design. They've used the best and most rugged materials in every part of the knife, from the handle to the blade.
Always close by with the Multi-Mount sheath
Together with the Multi-Mount fastening system, your Morakniv Garberg is just seconds away. Place it on your snowmobile, canoe or ATV--when the knife is placed in the holder it can take a bumpy ride on any vehicle. It allows the knife to be mounted virtually anywhere you want and is compatible with the MOLLE standard mounting system. It also has strategically placed screw holes and slots for different types of straps.
The names that tell their story: Garberg
Many small cottages and barns. The cattle graze on the plot outside and every morning starts before sunrise with milking the cows or goats. This was the scenery of the Swedish 'fäbod', a place where people historically spent their summers working and let their cattle run free in the surrounding nature. Every village had their own 'fäbod', many times even two or more. This way, their ancestors could walk with their cattle from one settlement to another during the summer. In the region around Mora, there have always been many 'fäbodar' and many of them still exist today.
One of these 'fäbodar' is called Garberg. It originally belonged to the village outside of Mora where their factory's located today and all their knives are made, at the shore of a large lake. Here, people have been working hard for centuries, facing the challenges of nature and the demanding self-sufficient life. To name the full tang knife Garberg, after the place and the people who lived there, is Morakniv's way of paying tribute to their roots. The Garberg knife--the proud, strong and hard working tool that gladly faces every challenge--is their interpretation of the life once lived at the 'fäbod' of Garberg.
Morakniv Mora of Sweden - FT01749 Specifications:
- Overall Length:9.00 in.
- Blade Length:4.25 in.
- Cutting Edge:4.00 in.
- Blade Thickness:0.12 in.
- Blade Material:14C-28N Swedish Stainless Steel
- Blade Grind:Scandi Ground
- Blade Style:Drop Point
- Blade Finish:Semi-Matte
- Edge Type:PlainEdge
- Handle Length:4.75 in.
- Handle Thickness:0.87 in.
- Handle Material:Polymer
- Handle Color:Black
- Weight:5.98 oz.
- Carry Method:Black Polymer Multi-Mount Sheath Snap Cover
- Knife Type:Fixed Blade
- Brand:MoraKniv of Sweden
- Model Number:01747
- Made in Sweden
- Coil Shape:The coil shape in the heart of the knife is strongly related to the heritage of Morakniv. The knife with the red coil shaped handle is probably as well known as the famous Dala horse in Sweden.
- Pattern:The rhombus pattern is a traditional pattern that is present in many variations in Mora and the region of Dalarna. In the handle, the pattern provides a significantly improved grip. Beside its high functionality, it also pays a tribute to our region and history.
- Scandi Grind:The knife is grinded with a scandi grind which makes it easy to keep sharp.
- Blade Finish:The blade has a semi-matte finish appreciated among the outdoor community.
- Steel:The blade is 3.2 mm thick and 109 mm long. It is made of high-quality Swedish stainless steel (14C28N) that is treated to the highest quality in Morakniv's own factory.
- Hole:The rear part of the handle has a hole for fastening a Lanyard, rope or other gadgets according to preference.
- Rugged Handle:A specially made and extrarugged polyamide is used during the moulding process of the handle. Compared to other polymers, this one provides the handle with exceptional mechanical properties and makes it extremely stress resistant. This makes the handle close to unbreakable.
- Handle Shape:The symmetrical handle allows flexible use of the knife with a two-way fit in the sheath. The drop design on the back is big enough to keep the knife steady in your hand.
- Grinded Spine:The spine of the blade is ground to make the edge perfect for use with a fire starter. This means that you do not need to use the edge of the blade when starting your fire, which makes your knife stay sharp for longer.
- Multi-Mount Sheath:The Morakniv Multi-Mount is a versatile mounting solution that takes your knife use to the next level. It allows the knife to be mounted virtually anywhere you want. It is compatible with the MOLLE standard mounting system. It has strategically placed screw holes and slots for different types of straps. Attach and detach the knife from the mount in just a couple of seconds. Of course, it is also possible to just take the knife straight out of the sheath and use it.
- The knife is kept safe in the mount with a Hook & Loop fastener. It allows a secure mounting as well as a fast and easy attachment. If you are looking for a more permanent fastening solution, the Hook & Loop fastener can be replaced with a cable tie.
- The secondary locking strap has details made of leather. This natural material is probably the best choice when it comes to durability in details like these, that are put to repeated wear and tear.
- When the knife is used together with the Multi-Mount you have the option of putting a secondary locking on the sheath. This is a feature most military units require when using the MOLLE system. It is also a useful feature when you want to be completely sure that the knife stays in place, for example during a bumpy ride with the ATV.
- Shape:The powerful appearance is our way to honour the most robust knife we have ever made.
Oso is the place to go excellent service.
--Robertson Hart M. - Blue Ridge, GA
Shop by Brand
|Your cart is currently empty|