Don't forget Dad! An Oso Grande gift card is the perfect way to say, Happy Father's Day!
Shop by Brand
Shop by Category
- View All Departments
- New Products
- Axes & Hatchets
- Books & Videos
- Camping & Outdoor Store
- Firearms Accessories
- Gear Storage
- Gifts & Accessories
- Kitchen Cutlery
- Kitchen Tools
- Lighting & Flashlights
- Men's Shave Shop
- Multi-Purpose Tools
- Pens (Writing Instruments)
- Personal Defense
- Personal Grooming Implements
- Public Safety
- Safety Products
- Scissors & Shears Shop
- Sharpening Products
- Specialty Items
- Survival Products
- Tactical Gear
- ZZZ Brand Series
Oso Grande's Community is growing fast - join in!
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Folder, 3.1 Inch D2 Black PlainEdge Blade, Titanium and OD G10 Handles
MANUFACTURER: DPx Gear
The DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tool® (HEST) Folder has evolved from its beginnings as the folding version of the HEST fixed blade. The HEST now goes further. On expeditions, hunts or in the conflict zones.
Yes, a brutal-use folder can be small and light. DPx Gear features a Titanium alloy frame and a meaty D2 steel blade with G10 scales into an EDC folder. The HEST/F features a rapid deployment system that combines a patented RotoBlock system that actually locks the folder into a fixed blade.
The HEST was immediately sold out in both first run and production versions and put to work around the globe. The hard-won experience and tips came back and went directly into this knife: larger frame, tighter 3mm pocket clip, revised pivot geometry, meatier lock and a 4mm G10 scale that replaces steel. All of which to make this HEST stronger and lighter than the famous original. The HEST comes with the stainless steel skull tool for adjustment and handy defense and utility work.
INFORMATION ON THE DPx HEST/2.0
The HEST/F was developed as the direct folding version of the famous DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tool fixed blade knife. This latet version is dubbed the 2.0 because there are a number of significant modifications made to the first release of this brutal use folder. The goal was to increase strength without adding weight and to directly enhance t ease of opening, strength of lockup and usability.
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Modifications include:
1. Removal of the stainless steel liner and addition of a thicker G10 scale, which reduces the potential for corrosion and also strengthens the knife while reducing the weight.
2. Subtle geometry changes to the pivot, lock point, thrust angle, thumb stud and heel angle. Each of these changes was designed to make the knife easier to open, strengthen the lock bar and allow the knife to open more smoothly.
3. We also increased the size of the heel, length of the back spacer and the width of the frame to further increase the strength and handling. We redesigned the pocket clip and removed the two holes to make it stronger and easier to use. You will also notice increased the cut hole for the thumb screw and scalloped the inside of the lock bar. An independant review of the HEST/F 2.0 included below provides an excellent overview. DPx Gear released three knives to our biggest critics with the mandate to try to destroy them. Their response was overwhelmingly positive.
In all DPx Gear has created a lighter, stronger, smoother and simply better product for the same price as the original.
- German D2 Tool Steel Blade coated with black milspec
- 6A14v GR.5 stone washed U.S. made titanium alloy frame
- Patented RotoBlock frame lock prevents lock slippage
- Integrated glass breaker with optional round head screw included
- Olive Drab, textured U.S. made G10 4mm structural scale
- Stainless Steel Tool with wrench, pivot adjustment, box cutter and chisel
- Hex driver socket wire stripper choil in three sizes
- Deep pocket carry stainless steel clip
- Lifetime warranty
- Designed by Robert Young Pelton
- Blade Length: 3.10"
- Blade Thickness: 0.187"
- Handle Thickness: 0.541"
- Closed Length: 4.38"
- Overall Length: 7.625"
- Weight: 5.11 oz.
- Handmade by Lion Steel in Maniago, Northern Italy
ReviewsAdd Your Review
Share your opinion about products you own with others. Write reviews and rate products on a scale from 1 to 5. It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
When preparing your review, please comply to the following guidelines:
- Focus on the product and your individual experience with it
- Provide details on what you liked or disliked
- Please state your level of expertise
- If applicable, include the product's model number
- You may only submit one review for each individual product
- Reviews must be written in English
Things to avoid:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for public forums
- Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers or Web sites
- E-mail addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
All submittals are reviewed before being published on our site to make sure the content of the review is relevant and focuses on helping readers understand the product.
The information you provide will help shoppers around the world make the right product choice. As an OsoGrandeKnives.com Preferred Customer, we want you to know how much we appreciate your valuable opinion.
*Any personal information, such as your e-mail and residence, will be kept strictly confidential and will NOT appear on the website.