Dovo 41 5875 Straight Razor, 5/8 Inch Full Hollow Ground Stainless Steel Blade, Olivewood Handle, Germany. This Dovo straight razor is quite simply a natural beauty. The blade is made of the finest surgical ice tempered stainless steel to give you a rust and tarnish resistant razor for easier maintenance. Plus, the stainless steel blade holds a sharp edge longer than high carbon steel. The word 'INOX' etched in gold into the blade and the number 41 on the shank designate the stainless steel material.
These blades are individually handmade starting out as a forged blank and then tempered using intense heat and cold in a process called "ice tempered." Only a few master craftspeople are still available with the skill and knowledge to hand shape and grind the ice tempered blanks into the beautifully finished full hollow ground blades you see on this razor.
Although Olive Wood is naturally impervious to water, the handcrafted handle is further sealed and polished to preserve its natural beauty and longevity. The olive trees from which it is made may be centuries old, each a miniature work of art.
- The blade is etched with 24K gold and has the "INOX" etching which is German for Stainless Steel
- The 5/8 blade is most popular and features a round point for added safety
- The shank is stamped with the #41 signifying stainless
- This Razor has "jimping" on the underside of the tang for a sure grip
- The DOVO logo and "Made in Germany" are engraved on the blade
- From the Dovo Manufactory in Solingen, Germany
- Comes safely stowed in a beautiful blue presentation box.
Dovo handcrafts their straight razors in Solingen, Germany, the "City of Blades" that is known for producing the world's finest swords, knives, scissors and razors. Today, the "Solingen" mark is synonymous with high quality and superb design and 90% of all German knives are made in Solingen. The Solingen tradition of metal-working began with Medieval sword smiths and the specialized expertise has been passed down through the generations. Dovo blades are crafted using the same methods of blank forging, ice tempering, hardening, grinding, honing and polishing. Each blade is finished with a 24K-gold Dovo logo. Dovo strives to exceed the high standards set by the early sword smiths by handcrafting high quality, functional straight razors of superb design.