A longstanding bestseller and the smallest locking folder in the Spyderco family, is the Ladybug. You are veiwing a variant of the standard Ladybug with an H-1 steel Hawkbill blade, congratulations.
H-1 folders and fixed blades are a collection of water-friendly knives Spyderco calls their Salt Series. As part of this series the Ladybug3 Salt Hawkbill uses H-1 which is a nitrogen-based blade alloy rather than carbon-based. The elimination of carbon in the steel renders it one-hundred percent rust proof but like its carbon-steel cousins, H-1 takes a hard sharpened cutting edge and earns high marks for edge retention.
Similar to an extended cat's claw the blade wraps around what you're cutting, functionally drawing the cut object in closer and in continuous contact with the sharp edge while the curved hook restrains material from sliding off/away from the blade. The H-1 hollow ground blade is a SpyderEdge configuration. The Hawkbill shape metamorphosis a keychain-sized folder into an impressive cutting tool.
Its lightweight FRN (fiberglass reinforced nylon) handle is molded with Bi-Directional Texturing® which resists slipping in the hand and is high-visibility Marine Yellow making it easily spotted on the ground or in water. The Ladybug Hawkbill Salt is clip-less with a lanyard hole for threading through a thong or key-ring.
- Overall Length: 4.31 in.
- Blade Length: 1.88 in.
- Cutting Edge: 1.625 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.078 in.
- Blade Material: H1 Rustproof Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Hawkbill
- Blade Grind: Hollow Ground
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: Fully Serrated SpyderEdge
- Handle Length: 2.438 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.31 in.
- Handle Material: FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Color: Yellow
- Weight: 0.60 oz.
- Knife Type: Manual Opening Folder
- Carry Method: Pocket or Key-Ring (No Clip)
- Opening Mechanism: 9mm Diameter Thumb Hole
- Locking Mechanism: Lock Back with David Boye Dent
- Brand: Spyderco
- Model: Ladybug 3 Salt Hawkbill
- Model Number: LYLS3HB
- Made in Seki City, Japan