The CRKT Fossil knife makes all your other stylish knives extinct.
Flavio Ikoma's latest folding knife looks like a T-rex on stainless steel steroids. The Fossil™ is one part hard core, one part gorgeous and one part 12,000 pound flesh-eating dinosaur.
The Fossil™ combines the best from designer Flavio Ikoma. With styling cues found on his previous Sampa™ ; and Carajas™ ; models, the Fossil™ ramps up the artistic flair to create a piece that is clearly Ikoma, yet distinctively a new breed of EDC folder.
This pocket knife features an IKBS ball bearing system, combined with an opening flipper for silky smooth blade deployment. The flipper turns into a handsome finger guard when the blade is open. A thumb hole cutout in the blade gives you a second option for opening the knife. The handles of the Fossil™ are stainless steel with a unique hammer finish. The knife locks open solidly with a frame lock. Duo-tone G10 scales add contour and grip to the handle. The pocket clip is tip-up carry only.
The Fossil™ has the beauty of a museum piece combined with the shear muscle of a prehistoric carnivore.
- Overall Length: 8.88 in.
- Blade Length: 3.96 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.15 in.
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: PlainEdge
- Handle Length: 4.95 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.62 in.
- Handle Material: 2Cr13 Stainless with G10 Overlay
- Handle Color: Brown, Gray
- Frame/Liner: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 6.10 oz.
- Carry Method: Pocket Clip (Right Hand--Tip-Up)
- Knife Type: Manual Opening Folder
- Opening Mechanism: Flipper
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Brand: CRKT
- Model: Fossil
- Model Number: 5470
- Designer: Flavio Ikoma
- Made in China