The Third Generation M9 Bayonet incorporates numerous improvements to previous designs and is wholly compatible for mounting on M16A1, M16A2, M4 Carbine and pre-ban AR15 style rifles. Manufactured entirely in the USA, Ontario's M9 is a rugged and dependable performer for U.S. Servicemen around the world. Easy to attach and remove from the belt using either the spring clip or fastex quick release.
The Ontario M9 Bayonet comes with a .235" thick, 7" long blade made of 420 Modified Stainless that has been Sub-Zero Cryo Heat Treated. Black Oxide non-reflective finish is applied to each blade, while the back features milled sawteeth. The handle is tough grooved & textured glass reinforced nylon with a weather-resistant zinc phosphate coated steel guard and cap.
The third generation M9 features an improved scabbard design for greater safety. A quick release universal military holster system has been incorporated for attachment onto web belts, and grip serrations have been added into the scabbard itself. This makes it much safer to use with the attached wire cutter & screwdriver tip.
- Overall Length: 12.125 in.
- Blade Length: 7.00 in.
- Cutting Edge: 6.125 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.235 in.
- Blade Material: 420 modified stainless steel blade
- Blade Hardness: 53-57 HRC
- Blade Style: Clip Point Bowie
- Blade Grind: Flat Ground
- Blade Finish: Black oxide non-reflective finish
- Edge Type: PlainEdge w/ Milled sawteeth on back
- Handle Length: 5.25 in.
- Handle Thickness: 1.07 in.
- Handle Material: Textured thermoplastic nylon handle
- Handle Color: Black
- Weight: 16.00 oz.
- Carry Method: Nylon and GRN Sheath
- Knife Type: Fixed Blade Bayonet
- Brand: Ontario Knife Company
- Model: M9
- Fits M16, M4 and AR-15
- Made in USA