FT01783: Morakniv Eldris Pocket-Size Fixed Blade Neck Knife Kit Green
MoraKniv of Sweden
The Morakniv Eldris is the knife taking the bushcraft world by storm! Morakniv Eldris is a pocket size fixed blade bushcrafting knife that will amaze you with its versatility. The knife has a precision blade and ground spine compatible with a fire starter. Its compact design and all-round convenience will make you love it right away and you'll never leave the house without it, making your Morakniv a part of you.
The blade is 2 mm thick and 56 mm long (or in this case short). It is made of high-quality Swedish stainless steel (12C27) that is treated to the highest quality in Morakniv's factory. Add to this the convenient size of the blade, suitable for many outdoor tasks encountered on the hike as well as the camping or hunting trip. A secure grip of two different polymers and a click locks makes it safe to handle. Perfect for both new and more experienced explorers.
Wherever you go
A pocket size knife is easy to bring with you, no matter the size of your adventure. For a day long hike it's perfect for creating splinters for the self-evident fire, or for a smaller carving project. For the longer outdoor adventure or for the hunt, it will surprise with its strength and versatility. The Eldris will allow you to work close to the game you are skinning and will be easily accessible in your breast or leg pocket in cases of instant need.
- Overall Length: 5.625 in.
- Blade Length: 2.125 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.08 in.
- Blade Material: 12C27 Stainless Steel
- Blade Grind: Dual Scandi and Flat Ground
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: PlainEdge
- Handle Length: 3.50 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.92 in.
- Handle Material: Polymer
- Handle Color: Green
- Weight: 2.80 oz.
- Carry Method: Molded Polymer Pocket/Neck Sheath
- Knife Type: Fixed Blade
- Brand: MoraKniv of Sweden
- Model: Eldris
- Model Number: 01783
- Made in Sweden
- Coil Shape: The coil shape in the heart of the knife is strongly related to the heritage of Morakniv. The knife with the red coil shaped handle is probably as well known as the famous Dala horse in Sweden.
- Pattern: The rhombus pattern is a traditional pattern that is present in many variations in Mora and the region of Dalarna. In the handle, the pattern provides a significantly improved grip. Beside its high functionality, it also pays a tribute to our region and history.
- Scandi Grind: The knife is grinded with a scandi grind which makes it easy to keep sharp.
- Blade Finish: The blade has a semi-matte finish appreciated among the outdoor community.
- Steel: The blade is 2 mm thick and 56 mm long (or in this case short). It is made of high-quality Swedish stainless steel (12C27) that is treated to the highest quality in Morakniv's own factory.
- Hole: The rear part of the handle has a hole for fastening a Lanyard, rope or other gadgets according to preference.
- Click Lock: The handle has a built-in click lock between the sheath and handle to ensure that the knife stays in place when worn around the neck.
- Secure Grip: The outer shell is made of TPE, a rubbery polymer that provides a firm and secure grip. The core of the handle, visible in the barrel shape, is made of polypropylene. It is a polymer that makes the knife and the handle very rugged.
- Rugged Core: The core of the handle, visible in the barrel shape, is made of polypropylene. It is a polymer that makes the knife and the handle very rugged.
- Handle Shape: The symmetrical handle allows flexible use of the knife with a two-way fit in the sheath. The drop design on the back is big enough to keep the knife steady in your hand.
- Grinded Spine: The spine of the blade is ground to make the edge perfect for use with a fire starter. This means that you do not need to use the edge of the blade when starting your fire, which makes your knife stay sharp for longer.
- Sheath Shape: The sheath is strongly inspired by sheaths first made in the beginning of the 1900s. Sheaths that today can be found on the classic line of knives, and look that looks almost the same as they did back then. The heart shaped cavities on the sheath, the symmetrical appearance and the triangle shaped tip is a trademark of a classic Morakniv sheath.
- Pocket Size: The knife's design makes it a more durable and rough option to a folding knife. When the knife is placed in the sheath, it is small enough to be carried in a pocket. And when used, the feeling of working with a fixed blade knife is simply unprecedented.
- Symmetrical: As with the knife, the symmetry of the sheath is of big importance, since it allows you to place the knife in the sheath from both sides.
- Protective Polymer: The sheath is made of polypropylene, a polymer that makes it rugged, and thereby provides an excellent protection of the knife.
- Paracord: The Neck Knife Kit includes a 1 meter long paracord string. For example, it can enable you to create a lanyard for carrying the knife around your neck. Paracord is a given part of any outdoor activity, and should be brought whenever you are spending time outdoors. There are many situations this piece of string will be invaluable. Everything from making a drying line for wet clothes, to tying a broken snowmobile sledge to a snowmobile or even as an extra hand when your gutting a moose, everything is easier with a piece of paracord at hand. The special thing with the paracord is that it is made of an outer sleeve and several thinner cords, which increases the possible ways of using it even more.
- Fire Starter: A firestarter is included in the Neck Knife Kit. This firestarter has a minimalist design to accompany the size of the knife, and is optimal for starting your fire or igniting a camping stove.
- Secondary Lock: When worn around your neck, the secondary locking strap prevents the knife from falling out of the sheath. That way you can feel confident that the knife is always safe in place. The lock consists of a leather piece attached to a collar. It can be taken on and off, since it is possible to slide the collar onto the sheath and snap it into place.