FT01747: Morakniv Garberg Fixed Blade Knife Black w/ Leather Sheath
MoraKniv of Sweden
The full tang phenomenon
The Morakniv Garberg is a powerful full tang knife designed to perform the toughest tasks it encounters. Manufactured at the Morakniv factory in Mora, Sweden, it's the most robust knife they've ever made. The 0.13 inch thick blade is made from high grade Swedish stainless steel, treated to make it even stronger and more durable. The blade has a Scandi-grind profile that makes it easy to keep sharp and a ground spine compatible with a fire starter. Whatever adventure you're on, you won't want to be without it, making your Morakniv a part of you.
Garberg was designed to meet the long-time wishes from Morakniv's most dedicated users, as well as the desires of the knife lovers that haven't yet discovered the world of Morakniv. The knife is developed to handle the most challenging tasks it may be exposed to.
Created for you in Mora, Sweden
We wanted to achieve our vision of the ideal full tang knife. That means we need to understand the users. What will they use it for? How will they grip it and work with it? Even store and carry it? Once we understand that we can customize the knife's characteristics accordingly, says Arvid Larsson, Design Engineer at Morakniv.
Genuine feel and hardcore materials
The full tang model is the most robust knife they've ever made and has a genuine Morakniv design. They've used the best and most rugged materials in every part of the knife, from the handle to the blade.
Exclusive leather for your exclusive knife
In this exclusive version, Garberg is delivered in a unique and vigorous black leather sheath made from 0.12" thick premium high-quality black leather. It's probably the best choice when it comes to durability in a heavy-duty knife sheath that is repeatedly put to the test. In a serious survival situation, you need to be sure you will not lose your knife. At the same time, you also need to be confident that you are able to reach and use it within seconds. To be sure that your knife is readily accessible and won't get lost, this cover is the perfect solution.
The names that tell their story: Garberg
Many small cottages and barns. The cattle graze on the plot outside and every morning starts before sunrise with milking the cows or goats. This was the scenery of the Swedish 'fäbod', a place where people historically spent their summers working and let their cattle run free in the surrounding nature. Every village had their own 'fäbod', many times even two or more. This way, their ancestors could walk with their cattle from one settlement to another during the summer. In the region around Mora, there have always been many 'fäbodar' and many of them still exist today.
One of these 'fäbodar' is called Garberg. It originally belonged to the village outside of Mora where their factory's located today and all their knives are made, at the shore of a large lake. Here, people have been working hard for centuries, facing the challenges of nature and the demanding self-sufficient life. To name the full tang knife Garberg, after the place and the people who lived there, is Morakniv's way of paying tribute to their roots. The Garberg knife--the proud, strong and hard working tool that gladly faces every challenge--is their interpretation of the life once lived at the 'fäbod' of Garberg.
- Overall Length: 9.00 in.
- Blade Length: 4.25 in.
- Cutting Edge: 4.00 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.12 in.
- Blade Material: 14C-28N Swedish Stainless Steel
- Blade Grind: Scandi Ground
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Semi-Matte
- Edge Type: PlainEdge
- Handle Length: 4.75 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.87 in.
- Handle Material: Polymer
- Handle Color: Black
- Weight: 5.98 oz.
- Carry Method: Black Leather Sheath with Snap Cover
- Knife Type: Fixed Blade
- Brand: MoraKniv of Sweden
- Model: Garberg
- Model Number: 01747
- Made in Sweden
- Coil Shape: The coil shape in the heart of the knife is strongly related to the heritage of Morakniv. The knife with the red coil shaped handle is probably as well known as the famous Dala horse in Sweden.
- Pattern: The rhombus pattern is a traditional pattern that is present in many variations in Mora and the region of Dalarna. In the handle, the pattern provides a significantly improved grip. Beside its high functionality, it also pays a tribute to our region and history.
- Scandi Grind: The knife is grinded with a scandi grind which makes it easy to keep sharp.
- Blade Finish: The blade has a semi-matte finish appreciated among the outdoor community.
- Steel: The blade is 3.2 mm thick and 109 mm long. It is made of high-quality Swedish stainless steel (14C28N) that is treated to the highest quality in Morakniv's own factory.
- Hole: The rear part of the handle has a hole for fastening a Lanyard, rope or other gadgets according to preference.
- Rugged Handle: A specially made and extrarugged polyamide is used during the moulding process of the handle. Compared to other polymers, this one provides the handle with exceptional mechanical properties and makes it extremely stress resistant. This makes the handle close to unbreakable.
- Handle Shape: The symmetrical handle allows flexible use of the knife with a two-way fit in the sheath. The drop design on the back is big enough to keep the knife steady in your hand.
- Grinded Spine: The spine of the blade is ground to make the edge perfect for use with a fire starter. This means that you do not need to use the edge of the blade when starting your fire, which makes your knife stay sharp for longer.
- Leather Sheath: This natural material is probably the best choice when it comes to durability in a heavy-duty knife sheath that is repeatedly put to the test. A leather sheath like this is something that will look and feel better the more you use it. It simply gets better with time and is something you can enjoy for the rest of your life.
- The leather: The sheath is made from 3 mm thick premium high quality black leather.
- Belt loop: At the back of the sheath there is a sturdy belt loop made from the same high-quality leather as the rest of the sheath.
- Cover: The sheath has a sturdy and generous cover, a design that has multiple functions. For example, it makes sure that the knife stays securely in place and that the cover is easy to open when wearing gloves. In a serious survival situation you need to be sure you will not lose your knife. At the same time, you also need to be confident that you are able to reach and use it within seconds. To be sure that your knife is readily accessible and won’t get lost, this cover is the perfect solution.
- Shape: The powerful appearance is our way to honour the most robust knife we have ever made.