Reasons Spyderco offer smaller knives are numerous but essentially people's hands come in different sizes and we occasionally find ourselves in social situations that dictate use of a smaller blade. Many think smaller versions of the same model are simply shrunk down. Not so. For every design to reach its utmost level of ergonomic comfort and maximum performance we often take features and engineer/rework them into a more diminutive pattern. An example is our 79mm version of the Rescue Model.
A smaller equivalent of the C14 93mm Rescue, it too has a flat saber-ground, SpyderEdge, VG-10 blade that ends in a sheepfoot safety tip. For smoother thumb rotation we enlarged the Spyderco Trademark Round Hole, which in turn creates a prominent hump to position the thumb on while cutting. The FRN waffle textured handle is available with an ambidextrous, tip-up pocket clip.
- Overall Length: 7.125
- Blade Length: 3.125 in.
- Cutting Edge: 2.625 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.13 in.
- Blade Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Sheepsfoot
- Blade Grind: Flat Ground
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: Serrated
- Handle Length: 4.00 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.40 in.
- Handle Material: FRN Volcano Grip handle
- Handle Color: Black
- Weight: 2.25 oz.
- Carry Method: Ambidextrous 2-Position Pocket Clip (Right/Left, Tip-Up)
- Knife Type: Manual Opening Folder
- Opening Mechanism: 14mm Spyderco Round Hole
- Locking Mechanism: Lockback w/ David Boye Dent
- Brand: Spyderco
- Model: Rescue
- Model Number: C45SOR
- Made in Seki City, Japan