Ladybugs have been on Spyderco's best-selling list for years. They are clip-less, designed for carrying on a keychain or with a thong or lanyard threaded through a hole at the handle's end.
ZDP-189 is Japanese-manufactured stainless blade steel that has recently gained acclaim in the knife industry as one of the hardest, highest performing blade steels available on the market today.
Using powdered metallurgy technology, 3% of ZDP-189's structure is made of pure carbon, making the steel harder and enhancing edge retention capacity. ZDP-189 is categorized as an exotic, high-performance blade steel which Spyderco offers as an option on several best-selling lightweight everyday-carry folders including the Ladybug3.
The handle is British Racing Green FRN (fiberglass reinforced nylon), molded with Bi-Directional Texturing® for slip-resistance while cutting. The PlainEdge blade is flat-ground from the spine to the cutting edge, offering abundant cutting power in a small folder.
- Overall Length: 4.375 in.
- Blade Length: 1.938 in.
- Cutting Edge: 1.687 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.078 in.
- Blade Material: ZDP-189 Premium Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Clip Point
- Blade Grind: Flat Ground
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: PlainEdge
- Handle Length: 2.438 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.31 in.
- Handle Material: FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Color: British Racing Green
- Weight: 0.54 oz.
- Knife Type: Manual Opening Folder
- Carry Method: Pocket or Key-Ring (No Clip)
- Opening Mechanism: 5mm Diameter Thumb Hole
- Locking Mechanism: Lock Back with David Boye Dent
- Brand: Spyderco
- Model: Ladybug 3
- Model Number: LGREP3
- Made in Seki City, Japan