Martial artists and MBC practitioners all follow one cardinal rule, safe practice and training. Learning drills, actions and reactions with an unsharpened training blade allows you comfortable and realistic practice without the consequences of meeting a sharpened edge.
Our Delica trainer has the same features as its live counterpart -- minus the sharpened cutting edge. Holes drilled out of the blade and an upswept tip, take away a small amount of weight and make the piece balanced in the hand. Stopping the knife from slipping and sliding, the handle is deeply textured in Spyderco's volcano grip pattern. By making the FRN handle red, it's designated and easily recognizable as a training model. The black metal clip is ambidextrous and positions the knife in the pocket tip-up.
- Overall Length: 7.125 in.
- Blade Length: 2.875 in.
- Cutting Edge: 2.56 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.09 in.
- Blade Material: AUS-6 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Blunt Tipped Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Flat Ground
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: Unsharpened Edge
- Handle Length: 4.25 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.40 in.
- Handle Material: FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon)
- Handle Color: Red
- Frame/Liner: Stainless Steel
- Weight: 2.50 oz.
- Carry Method: Ambidextrous 4-way Pocket Clip (Right Hand, Left Hand--Tip-Up, Tip-Down)
- Knife Type: Manual Opening Folder
- Opener: Thumb Hole
- Lock Type: Lockback (Midlock)
- Brand: Spyderco
- Model: Delica 4 Training Knife
- Model Number: C11TR
- Made in Seki City, Japan
MBC is the practice of combative arts for self-protection, physical conditioning and control and coordination of the body. MBC's ultimate goal is to train professionals to "stop the bad guy from hurting innocents."
Volcano Grip. Our trademarked name for the waffle texture found in our FRN handled lightweight knives. The continuous pattern of small squares offer better hand grip while cutting.
Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon (FRN). A nylon polymer mixed with glass fiber that is then injected into a mold for making lightweight knife handles. Ambidextrous using both hands with equal ease. Pertaining to knives, it is a knife that is not solely designed for a left-or right-handed person but can be used with equal ease by both hands.