Emergency responders, law enforcement officers and service professionals have made the Assist an indispensable part of their working gear. Its serrated blade offers tremendous cutting power and includes a PlainEdge section for detail work. The patented lift-and-pry blunt tip prevents accidental punctures and offers limited prying capability. The Assist from Spyderco features a blunt-tipped VG-1 stainless steel blade with an 80% serrated edge for cutting seatbelts and fibrous material. A Cobra Hood ensures positive blade deployment even while wearing gloves, and doubles as a thumb platform during use.
The wavy pattern cut from the top of the blade (created by a fireman from Sweden) and along the inside of the handle let you place a piece of rope (between the half-open blade and handle) and scissor the blade shut- especially convenient for cutting rope in-and-around flesh without having to fully open/expose the knife's blade. The FRN handle is Bi-Directional textured and contours with bulges that ergonomically wrap around your palm. In the closed position, squeeze the blade deeper into the handle and a retractable carbide tip protrudes out from the base for breaking glass. If that weren't enough, the handle has a built-in survival whistle. Reversible tip-up wire clip for carry.
- Overall Length: 8.38 in.
- Blade Length: 3.69 in.
- Cutting Edge: 3.19 in.
- Blade Thickness: 0.13 in.
- Blade Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Sheepsfoot
- Blade Grind: Hollow Ground
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Edge Type: Serrated
- Handle Length: 4.88 in.
- Handle Thickness: 0.63 in.
- Handle Material: Bi-Directional Textured 3-D Orange FRN Handle
- Handle Color: Orange
- Carbide glass breaker and whistle
- Weight: 4.0 oz.
- Carry Method: Ambidextrous 2-Position Pocket Clip (Right/Left, Tip-Up)
- Knife Type: Manual Opening Folder
- Opening Mechanism: 14mm Spyderco Round Hole w/ Cobra Hood
- Locking Mechanism: Lockback w/ David Boye Dent
- Brand: Spyderco
- Model: Rescue Assist I
- Model Number: C79PSOR
- Made in Seki City, Japan