Parker Barber Straight Razor (Stainless Steel Straight Edge) Stainless Handle SR1
Parker SR1 Stainless Steel Straight Edge Razor. If you are looking for a Barber Shop quality straight razor but don't want to sharpen and strop this product is for you! The Parker SR1 Straight Edge Barber Razor is high quality with a genuine stainless steel blade arm (stronger than aluminum). Designed for professional and barbershop use, this razor has a snap lock to secure the blade in place as well as many other features found only in high end models. Parker Safety Razor has been manufacturing fine shaving instruments for over 25 years and the tradition continues with this Professional Barber Razor/Shaver. We believe this razor is of unparalleled value and quality. It is designed for barbershop use.
Parker Safety Razor - SR1 Specifications:
- Genuine Stainless Steel Blade Arm (not Aluminum)
- Rounded exposure at the end of the blade compartment to minimize cuts
- Snap/Lock blade holder along with inserts to ensure secure blade insertion.
- Accepts Barbershop Single Edge blades or 1/2 Double Edge blade
- Professional Quality for Barbershop use or Straight Razor shavers!
- Product Dimensions:6 x 2 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight:5.0 ounces
It is a lightweight and small versitle shaver using either single edge blades like shark or broken in half double edge blades.
Thin in hand giving a close shave with tight angles, and the best feauture: economical stainless steel product.
Thanks again to you for recommending it and Oso Grande for carrying such a great and highly economical product for the start-up to straight razors and love of shaving.
I just wish a can give this 6 star instead of 5. All my friends and cousins want one too, and my little brother is jealous too.
I would also recommend the Dovo Shavette with the green holding with Personna SE 2.5" blades. I am addicted now to straight razors and look forward to shaving now.
Solution? Buy a Parker SR1 "straight razor" as an interim solution!
Okay, I've been using this razor for the past 3 weeks or so with my Sharp DE blades snapped in half. The learning curve was about the same as the learning curve I had going into safety razor shaving: about a week and a half.
I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that my shaves are now better than ever. Closer, less irritation... and more enjoyable! All things that I noticed when I went from the Gillette Atra to a safety razor, only now they're just that much better. As far as the razor itself is concerned, I couldn't be happier. It feels very good in the hand, has a nice weight, and holds the blades very securely. The swing is reasonably tight, so I don't ever feel worried about the angle changing mid-stroke.
If you decide to take the plunge (and I would encourage you to do so if you are even to the point of reading reviews for this razor!), there are three things I would recommend to you:
1) If you don't already have a blade that you prefer, pick up a sample pack of blades from OsoGrandeKnives.com and pick what works best for your face/skin. Then you can buy a larger pack of that brand.
2) Until you get the hang of straight razor shaving... go slow! You will cut yourself at first: accept this right now. But you can minimize the cuts and potential danger by being careful and taking your time.
3) Enjoy yourself. Straight razor shaving is starting to become very enjoyable for me, which has a two-fold effect. First, I don't mind now that it takes a bit longer to complete the shave. Second, I'm more at ease with the process and find that I have better control of the blade when I'm enjoying my time.
I enjoy doing business with you and hope to do much more in the future. Thank you for all your help and great customer service. Have a great day!
--Michael W - Bossier City, LA
Shop by Brand
|Your cart is currently empty|