Derespina Production Karambit Model 10 Fixed (2.75 Inch Hawkbill D2 Satin Plain Blade) Milled Black G10 Handle + Kydex Sheath DSPPM10KMBT
SKU: DSPPM10KMBT MPN: DSPPM10KMBT
This is the production version of the now infamous Model 10 Karambit. The Model 10 was designed to be the tactical fixed blade that is the perfect choice for EDC. Everyone raves about the ergonomics of the Model 10 and the carry-ability of this compact karambit. The D2 tool steel blade measures 2.75 in. tip to handle and is 0.185 in. thick. The blade is double ground, just like the custom, with functional jimping on the thumb ramp and a brushed satin finish. The angle in which the blade style sits in relation to the handle creates maximum cutting and slashing power as well as penetration. Tip to tip, this knife measures 6.5 in. overall with a one-inch diameter pinky ring. This is a well-built karambit with superior ergonomics from one of the best and it comes with a friction fit Kydex sheath with adjustable belt clip attached. It is one of the premier tactical tools on the market and it makes us happy to see it in production form with the exact same materials as the custom but at an excellent price point.
About Derespina Knives: Rich Derespina had a few goals in mind when he started out. He noticed a lot of knives were lacking in certain areas he found important. Here in his own words is his philosophy of knife making:
1. Guards. All knives should have some sort of guard. I don’t care who you are or what your level of skill, anyone who uses knives professionally or for simple chores will tell you a guard is of great value especially under stress.
2. Ergonomics. The industry as a whole has come a long way with design but there are still some key elements when designing a handle to your knife. I strive to bring you simple comfort. Coupled with a guard, your knife will serve you well and truly become an extension of the user.
3. Geometry. Geometry is important in all aspects of life and is itself a metaphor for our relationships and altercations. Blade profile and edge geometry are as important as guards and ergonomics. Maximizing cutting power and penetration with minimal effort is where Geometry is most important for a knife maker.
These are things you will find in all my knives. I have endeavored to improve on them over the years and my growth as a maker is witnessed by customers and collectors for the last decade. I strive to create new, interesting and useful designs for the professional and laymen alike. You will see knives like you’ve not seen before along with classic styles, redesigned made of high tech materials with modern flair and functionality.
Derespina Knives - DSPPM10KMBT Specifications:
- Overall Length:6.50 in.
- Blade Length:2.75 in.
- Cutting Edge Length:2.12 in.
- Blade Thickness:0.185 in.
- Blade Material:D2 Tool Steel
- Blade Style:Hawkbill
- Blade Grind:Hollow Ground
- Blade Finish:Polished Satin Finish
- Edge Type:PlainEdge
- Handle Length:4.25 in.
- Handle Thickness:0.58 in.
- Handle Material:Milled G-10
- Handle Color:Black
- Weight:4.90 oz.
- Sheath:Kydex w/ Multi-Position Clip
- Knife Type:Fixed Blade
- Brand:Derespina Knives
- Designer:Rich Derespina
- Model:Model 10 Karambit
- Model Number:DSPPM10KMBT
The customer service was very helpful and straight forward.
--Andrew M. - Naperville, IL
Shop by Brand
|Your cart is currently empty|